The IIEA, is seeking a full-time policy analyst / researcher. The researcher will report to the Director of Research as part of a research team.
Responsibilities: The successful applicant will manage two or three portfolios in the area of European and international affairs.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Tracking Policy actions and proposals from the EU Institutions
- Providing weekly briefing notes on developments in EU policy, contributing to publications and/or writing policy papers
- Tracking all developments in the given portfolios by collating and analysing information from various sources
- Organising a programme of keynote addresses and workshops with high-level policy makers and thought leaders as part of the IIEA’s events programme
- Providing administrative support to project working groups, liaising with policy working group chair and members and minuting meetings
- 1st class or high 2.1 post-graduate degree in related field such as Political Science, International Relations, European Affairs or Law
- Expertise in European affairs and knowledge of the European institutions
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in a related field
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to multitask and strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with high-level dignitaries
- Editing and proofing skills
The placement will be for an initial period of one year with a possibility for extension it for a further one or two years based on an annual review.
The initial deadline for applications is Monday 3rd September 2018. Applications will be processed upon receipt and interviews will commence shortly. Please state your availability in your cover letter.
Due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter with the subject line ‘Researcher/Policy Analyst Aug 2018’– Application to Fionnuala Keane by email – firstname.lastname@example.org