The Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA), Ireland’s leading not-for-profit think tank on European and International affairs, is currently seeking a full-time Creative Director. The Creative Director will work with and manage a team that consists of a graphic designer, photographer/videographer and communications officer. He /she will implement the Institute’s creative and communications strategy. He/she will create the visual identity for all content across multiple digital and print platforms.
Key responsibilities include (but will not be limited to):
- Directing and supervising the work of the Creative team (graphic designer, communications office and photographer/videographer)
- Graphic design of all blogs, publications, conference material, branding, web pages, infographic motion graphics and business cards
- Managing website content on an ongoing basis, liaising with website provider re updates/changes to the website when necessary
- Overseeing organising of filming and photography at all Institute events
- Communicating with printers re printing of publications, annual report and branding material
- Taking responsibility for all technical equipment under the control of the creative department including but not limited to: camera equipment, tripods, microphones lights, sound equipment
- Sharing responsibility for posting on the Institute’s social media
- Liaising with the various departments re upcoming events and specific requirements of the creative department
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Experience in publication design, both online and print
- Experience with filming live events and video/ audio production
- An excellent knowledge of graphic design and typography principles for video, web and print.
- Experience in brand management for corporate identity, events and partnership projects.
- Experience in producing and directing motion graphics and complex static or interactive infographics is desirable
- Ability to produce results under strict/short deadlines or for longer term projects
- Ability to multitask, use initiative and prioritise workload
- A degree or master’s (preferred) in graphic design, web design, multimedia or a related field
- At least three years’ experience in a creative management role with previous experience in graphic design.
- An expert in the full Adobe Creative suite package and willingness to explore new programmes and methods of design (Adobe CC – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects)
- Experience creating HTML5, CSS landing pages with responsive design. (jQuery or PHP is an advantage).
- Familiarity and experience working with content management systems and understanding the advantages/restrictions of Wordpress
- Content marketing experience would be very beneficial, in particular email marketing and social media advertising (Mailchimp, Social Media Advertising, Adwords)
- Discerning eye for brand consistency, identity guidelines, strategic design, formatting, typesetting and page layout
- Experience using, reporting on and gathering data from Google Analytics and Social Media
Deadline for applications is Friday, 15th February 2019. Please send your CV and link to your portfolio to Fionnuala Keane at firstname.lastname@example.org with Creative Director Job in the subject line. Please note that applications without an online portfolio will not be accepted. Applications will be processed on receipt and interviews will take place on a rolling basis from Monday 11 February 2019 until the position is filled. Position is available from early March.