The Institute of International and European Affairs, a leading independent think-tank based in Dublin, Ireland, is seeking a full-time policy analyst/ researcher for the research department. The main policy area will focus on Digital future and this would cover issues such as: Privacy, Data Retention, Robotics, AI, Blockchain, Digital Single Market, Competition and the implication of digital policies for Financial Services, Health and other sectors. The second policy area will be Future of the European Union 27. The researcher will report to the Director of Research as part of a research team.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter with the subject line ‘Digital Policy Analyst/Researcher’ to Fionnuala Keane at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8 February 2019. Applications will be processed on receipt and interviews will be on a rolling basis from Monday 4 February until the position is filled.
Please read Responsibilities, Requirements and Application details below.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Tracking of policy proposals in the policy areas. Keeping abreast of emerging trends in technology by collating and analysing information on an ongoing basis
- Providing regular briefing notes on developments in the policy area and contributing to publications/writing policy papers;
- Organising programme of keynote addresses and workshops with high-level policy makers and thought leaders as part of the IIEA’s events programme.
- Liaising with group chair, members and minuting meetings
- 1st class or high 2.1 post-graduate degree in related field such as European Studies, Law, Political Economy or Political Science
- At least two years’ work experience in related field
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to multitask and strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with high-level dignitaries
- Editing and proofing skills;
- The placement will be for an initial period of one year with a three months probationary period. Position available immediately. Please state your availability in your cover letter.
- To apply please send a CV and covering letter with the subject line “Digital Policy Analyst/ Researcher – Application” to Fionnuala Keane at email@example.com by close of business on Friday 8 February 2019.